At Sussex Timber Frame we are committed to manufacturing and erecting our structures to the highest possible standards, as a part of this we aim to offer our clients the most cost effective specification upgrades to ensure our finished structure offers superior thermal efficiency without of the high cost premium of similar performing SIPS systems.
All our quotations includes the following three optional specification upgrades:
- A: Thermally insulating reflective external membrane
- A & B: Thermally insulating reflective external membrane & factory fitted 120mm rigid urethane Insulation providing an external wall structure which offers an achievable U-value of 0.20 W/m2.K.
- A, B & C: Thermally insulating reflective external membrane & factory fitted 120mm rigid urethane insulation with supply of 35mm rigid urethane insulation to be site fitted providing an external wall structure which offers an achievable U-value of 0.15 W/m2.K.
The above figures are based upon a structure which has external face brickwork and a 50mm clear cavity as per the rendering attached.
A U-value is a measure of heat loss in a building element such as a wall, floor or roof. It can also be referred to as an ‘overall heat transfer co-efficient’ and measures how well parts of a building transfer heat. This means that the higher the U value the worse the thermal performance of the building envelope.
A main advantage of building components with low U-Values is that the structure will require less energy to heat/ cool therefore providing cost savings and protecting the environment, with a higher level of indoor comfort.
The key features of this form of insulation are:
- It is BBA Approved therefore accepted by NHBC
- Thermal Conductivity 0.022 Wm.k
- Can eliminate cold bridging
- Unaffected by air movement
- Resistant to the passage of water vapour
- Non-deleterious material
- CFC/HCFC- Free with Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
- Factory fitted within a standard 140mm panel, between the vertical studs.
- Provides a 20mm service cavity within a standard 140mm panel.
We can also offer various additional insulation products, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your project requirements further.